Thursday, June 21, 2012

Families are forever

We are getting down to the wire with the whole transplant. Its coming up on Tuesday and I can't even believe that its here. Finally.  I have never felt to grateful for something in my entire life. I have never seen such pure charity than I have from my donor. The gift she is giving is amazing. My life. She is amazing.

Yesterday was the last transplant appointment I will have before surgery. It took over 4 hours! We met with surgeons, PA's, pharmacist, and my coordinator. More blood tests and a whole lot of paper work to sign.  I am terrified to get another surgery but I am excited like a kid on Christmas morning.

I did also get diagnosed with a blood disorder called anti-phospholipid syndrome. Great right. There is a big possibility that cause my kidney to clot off in the first place. Imagine that. Once again if thats the case I am completely a walking miracle. I was before but even more so now.  APS is an auto immune disease. Don't worry you can't  catch it. :) It cause blood clots, strokes, fatigue, migraines and headaches, memory loss, miscarriage, pre-eclamsia, pre term births, muscle aches and pains, dizziness, and a whole lot more. Those are all the symptoms i have. And suddenly a lot makes sense in my life.  I have struggled with these things since high school. I thought everyone felt like that or that I was lazy or something. Nope it was APS. I am just so grateful that I have been able to have two beautiful children. and have been lucky enough to not have a stroke yet and find this out and start treating it before I do.  Another miracle in my life. I have had so many.

This experience I have been going through is truly amazing. Ya I feel like crap most of the time. But I am here on this earth. I have amazing family and friends. The things I have been going through are terrible; but it has shown me so much. I have hope and my faith has never been stronger. I have faith in people. I have seen and met so many amazing people. We have been able to strengthen eachother and I have been able to grow so much as a person.  I don't take things for granted. I am able to slow down and smell the roses. I cherish every single minute of every single day.  In a way our trials are blessings to help us grow and learn things about ourselves we thought were possible.  I ofter get asked. How do you do it? You are my hero. I'm no hero you just do what you have to do to survive.

Today is a special day. Another great example of great people.  Alexanders Print Advantage is hosting a golf tournament and all proceeds go to my medical fund.  Its absolutely amazing the things that have happend in my life. 54 holes craziness! I am truly grateful for them.

Well until the surgery.....

2 comments:

  1. Hi Crystal,
    My name is Dixie Madsen. I work for Intermountain Donor Services, the organization that coordinates the recovery of organs for transplant. I read about the golf tournament to raise funds for your transplant. If there are upcoming fundraisers and you would like brochures or other material about organ donation, please let me know. I can also post the event on the Yes Utah facebook page. I can be reached at dixie@idslife.org.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dixie I am definitely wanting to do some sort of donation awareness after imam on the mend. I will for sure contact you.

    ReplyDelete