Friday, June 17, 2011

The misadventures of the Hadlocks!


Tonight was such a fun family night out and really helped me to chill out and forget about things for a while! Chris's awesome boss got his employees tickets to the PG carnival. The girls had so much fun riding rides together it just melted my heart to see them have so much fun together! I just love them so much and just LOVE seeing them grow up and experience thing TOGETHER.
Chris went back to work after so he would have a silent place to study for his Biology test tomorrow and I cam home to put the kiddos to bed and start the two pork roasts for my mom-in-laws retirement/birthday party. It was quite interesting making the roast. I have this issue with handling meat. I am on the verge of becoming a vegetarian because I HATE DISLIKE DESPISE touching raw meat and picturing this cute little animal! I have come along way and can barely touch chicken without cringing and making meat loaf doesn't make me dry heave anymore. But tonight was rough.....Two HUGE pork roasts.....And two somewhat easy directions. 1-Rub the roast with salt. 2- rub with roast with liquid smoke...WHAT! rub the roast!!!! I held my breath and barely made it! I about lost it when i touched the bone(which I didn't know was still there!!) My stomach feels a little week but hopefully tomorrow our house will be filled with a yummy aroma and I will get the guts to try the sweet little pigs I just put in the crock pot.
On another note. My surgeons office called today and set up another ultra sound to check and see if my aneurysm has grown at all. This will give me a HUGE feeling of relief. Its been about nine months since the last and everyday I just worry. I know I shouldn't and I really try not to but thats kinda hard to do all the time. So Tuesday is the day and we will see! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I hate raw meat too!!!!! Sick=. The worst is turkey! Last Thanksgiving we took our turkey out of the bag, and it still had some feathers sticking out...... talk about dry heaving!

    ReplyDelete