Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The next step & Luck of the Irish....



The truth is I am lucky to be typing here living and breathing. I am lucky I still get to hold my kids, to love my husband and LIVE. I have decided my motto is Luck of the Irish. Yes my grandma is full irish her maiden name being Mahoney, and yes my other grandma is Irish with her maiden name being Flaherty. It is where I get my green eyes freckled skin and my fireery temper. I am a stubborn Irish girl. Hence the Luck of the Irish!

Its been a long time coming but I'm finally scheduled for my auto-transplant. Exciting yet terrifying! the surgery is scheduled for money Sept. 12. I have had another ultrasound to make sure my renal artery aneurysm hasn't grown. Luckily is hasn't changed which ment I could wait to figure out the whole insurance problem. No insurance will not take me for my pre-existing condition. So we applied for Medicaid and finally we were accepted. It is very expensive to pay the spend down every month but it will still be more cost effective than paying the hundreds of thousands of dollars it would cost without insurance. We are still waiting to hear back if medicaid will even cover it because it requires "approval" after my surgeon summits the request to do the surgery.

I feel very lucky to have happened to stumble upon my aneurysm before it could have potentially ruptured. Now I just have to get through my surgery. I am petrified for Monday. I have never been so emotional and scared in my life. I will be in the ICU for a couple of days after the surgery. So I won't be able to see my kiddos. SO SAD, because I will probably want to see them right when I wake up from the surgery. But I will be taken care of and push through this trial! Goodbye until after the surgery wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. YOU are a survivor!! You've proven it time and time again! So just one more thing you can beat! We love you and our prayers are with you and your family!! Wishing you a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you,Crystal. I'm glad you're so brave. Everything will be just fine. We must have faith......

    ReplyDelete